Discover shin shin tōitsu-dō – the way of mind and body unification.
Join us on the first Monday of every month at 6:45 pm to begin your 4-week introduction for £32*
Suitable for adults of all ages and abilities.
Please wear loose, comfortable clothing.
7–8pm: Japanese yoga
Experience how your body reflects your state of mind, and learn to use biofeedback to find a naturally calm and stable state of being.
Learn and develop key skills for life:
• awareness of your body and natural posture
• understanding of the quality of your state of mind
• relaxed and positive approach to obstacles and challenges
• breathing and relaxation techniques
• meditation while sitting, standing and moving
Discover Ki-aikido, a harmonious and dynamic martial art.
Apply the principles learned in the previous hour to self-defence and peaceful conflict resolution.
You will be introduced to some basic aikido techniques, including how to fall safely and roll safely.
Over the course of 4 weeks you will gain experience of leading and following another person's ki, as well as performing basic locks and throws.
* The cost for 4-weeks of our beginners course is £25 / £15 concessions (students, unemployed).
If you are joining us for the first time you'll also need £7 to cover insurance (valid for the year).
You are welcome to join us for the Japanese yoga part only at a reduced rate of £15 / £10 concs.